Why should I add Sea Moss to my diet? Blog #1
Welcome to Arissentials, where your health is our business!
First question, how did we get here? During this special time in our lives where everything has turned upside down. I realized that the only thing that is of value is my health, our health. Health has been an afterthought topic, and now due to this alarming virus, health is at the forefront of everyone’s mind. And it is for good reason.
For this reason, I began looking into foods that can truly help myself and my baby girl start a journey in a healthy lifestyle. While on my search, I came across Irish Sea Moss. Irish Sea Moss may be brand new to many of you, you may have seen it in passing while scrolling on IG or FB, or you may have seen adds talking about how it can fight corona, or you may be a veteran and you just need a good distributor of it.
I cannot say rather this powerful sea vegetable can cure corona, but I can say that its benefits can absolutely get you on the road to recovery. Let’s look at the key benefits of Sea Moss:
- Helps with digestion. Our gut, stomach, microbiome, is the most important element to our health. If our food is not digesting well, we are not getting out all of the bad stuff that should come out. Irish Seam Moss helps to get rid of bad bacteria in our gut.
- High source of Iodide. If you are a plant based vegan where you don’t eat a lot of packaged foods and don’t consume table salt, you may be low in iodine, which plays a key role in the health of your thyroid. Which is responsible for mood swings, sleep disorders, and low metabolism if deficient.
- Energy Boost. The vitamin B-complex plays a major role in our energy and how it is distributed in our body. Sea Moss contains B2 and B9 which helps to break down protein, carbs and fats properly so that we can get the most out of our food which helps our blood flow to regulate which gives us more energy.
- Boost your immune system. There are people who rarely gets sick and that is because of their immune system is able to fight off viruses before they cause trouble. A good immune system means that you are eating foods that are high in minerals, and vitamins. Irish Sea Moss has 92 of the 102 minerals that is required for our body. It is rich in amino acids, vitamin c and antioxidants. As mentioned, it is rich in potassium iodide which helps to reduce phlegm/congestion.
- It’s also good for your skin and hair. But we’ll get into that next time.
Side note: When looking for foods, herbs, and supplements, one should always go towards the items that helps your whole body, and that is what whole foods do. They help your entire body, not just one part. This super food does exactly that.